Wednesday, October 8, 2008

13th Birthday Wishes

My big baby girl turns 13 tomorrow. I can't get over how the years have just flown by. One moment she's a little girl and now she's a very independent young lady. At this age they think they own the world, if only she knew she has so much to learn. How different life would be for all of us if we just accepted that our parents do know best!!!


So a special birthday calls for a special card.
I used a combination of 3 challenges to produce this card: Sketch 197, Spiral Pop-Up Card and TLC189 Mini Pizza Box. I really enjoyed making the Spiral Pop-Up card a couple of weeks ago so thought I would see how it went with the Pizza Box. I was really pleased with the results. Tilda (available from www.rosesonpaper.com) was coloured with Copic Markers and highlighted with atyou Spica metalic markers. The flower was removed from the original image and replaced with balloons, from SU Nice and Easy Notes, that have been stamped on coloured card stock and then highlighted with crystal effects.

I hope the next 13 years don't go by so fast.
Happy Birthday Maddie

1 comment:

Summer... said...

Hey! I swear I left a comment on here days ago!! A happy belated, belated birthday now to your young lady (you are right--she's no little gurl anymore!) Maddie! I hope the day was enjoyed by all! {sigh} Don't let her grow anymore! Just like my Andrew, just ask her nicely to stop! = )

BTW...you've been tagged! (check out my blog, please)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin