Monday, July 13, 2009

ROP SUMMERY / VACATION CHALLENGE

**
Can you believe how fast the weeks fly by -
it seems like I only just posted my card for
our last challenge and now it's time for our
next one.
My incredibly talented DT friend, Iris, is the
host for this fortnights challenge, the theme -
"Summer/Vacation"
Get out your Magnolia's/Greeting Farm stamps
and join in our Roses on Paper challenge.
**
I must say I struggled with this one - not that
I don't like summer - I LOVE summer, I struggled
because in the middle of a freezing cold dreary
winters afternoon, with no daylight left at 5pm
in the afternoon I was seriously left with no
summery inspiration whatsoever - all I could
think about was trying to keep my feet warm!!
**

**
And then, it all just seemed to fall into place.
Well, it wasn't quite like that - this card was
not intended to be my DT card - it was meant
to be a card my friend had requested that I
make for her dad's 70th birthday!!!
So, I started with my brown cardstock, that's
very masculine - then I spied my Basic Grey
Sultry paper pad, what???? that's not very
manly at all - ahhhh but it is very summery.
Add a very tropical looking Tilda, some hot
pink flowers, a little golden thong (flip flop)
charm and here's my card.
**

**
I wanted to try something a little different for my card
this week, so when I came across the technique for making
a Tri-Fold card at SCS I decided to give that a try.
It looks complicated, but it is surprisingly very, very easy,
and I think it gives cards a bit of a WOW factor.
Below you can see all the various layers from above.
**

**
For your chance to maybe pick up an awesome prize come
on over to Roses on Paper and join in this fun challenge.
Don't have any Magnolia or Greeting Farm Stamps - not a
problem, Summer has a HUGE collection of stamps, with a
new shipment of Magnolia's just in stock this week.
**

**
Ingredients:
Magnolia Stamp
Basic Grey Sultry Paper Pad
Brown Cardstock
Copic Markers
atyou Spica Markers
Pearls
Ribbon
Flowers
Thong Charm
Leone Em Punch
**

**
~ Peta ~

5 comments:

Lynda Nielsen said...

WHOOOOOOOO - This is amazing!!! How on earth do you do that. It looks so complicated! I LOVE IT!!!
Those DP's are lovely, perfect rich color! FANTASTIC!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Iris Wiechmann said...

Wow Peta your card is wonderful!!!!!! I really love this folding technique and it looks like a lot of work! The papers are fabulous and the perfect fit for your image! Brilliant!

Hugs,
Iris

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Peta.

Hugs Riet.x

Rosette said...

Lovely card Peta :)) I tried this technique some weeks ago, but got mixed up in the middle of it! lol (mie was a bit more complicated folded-wise!! )

Great job!! love that Tilda :)

stampingtink said...

She's just beautiful! I love this style and just need to find the time to do one. I love the colors and the flowers are perfect! It's just delightful!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin