Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Waiting for Santa

I couldn't get home from the post office and into my craft room fast enough today. I was so excited to receive my Christmas Magnolia's from Summer at www.rosesonpaper.com that I forgot what I went to the shops for in the first place. When I wanted to make a "cuppa" I soon remembered - the milk!!! Not to worry - my new stamps had ink on them and that was so much more important.

Each time I get a new stamp I declare that it's my favourite - but this time I really mean it!!!! This girl is absolutely adorable.


I know that traditionally red and green are seen as Christmas colours, but I've never really been a red person, so being the lover of pink that I am, pink, green and gold is the colour combination I've chosen for this week's sketch challenge.

It's been quite a few weeks since I've participated in a challenge, what with ballet dress rehersals and production line Christmas card making. I know this is a Christmas card, but it's a single one that I could take my time with and enjoy what I was doing, not mass produce.


I coloured my images with Copic and atyou Spica Markers then highlighted with crystal effects. I've used metallic pink cardstock for the base of the card, unfortunately I had already stuck the patterned paper down before I thought to take note of it's name, all I know is it's very pretty, if that's any help. 3D dots gave the ornament and Magnolia diamension.










1 comment:

Jodi said...

Great card for the sketch, hopefully I will have time to try this one out. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin