Monday, June 8, 2009

Turning Japanese, I Think I'm Turning Japanese - I Really Think So!!!!

**
Oh do you remember that song from the 80's????
Other than my Magnolia collection, I really don't buy
many stamps these days, unless I fall in love instantly
like I did with this new set of stamps from Hero Arts.
There was no way I was leaving the store without them,
and the Japanese papers I found to go with them are
gorgeous - and the fact that they were quite expensive
didn't deter me, I think I got just about one of each sheet!!!
**
**
Even though the stamped image came complete with
chopsticks in her hair, she was just screaming out for
a little bit of modification in the form of miniature hand
made hat pins.
**

**
I've taken this weeks SCS sketch and modified
it just a little.
Each of their little dresses has been cut from the
Japanese paper, and after colouring their hair,
the fans and feet with atyou Spica markers I've
then used Crystal Effects for impact.
**
**
Ingredients:
Hero Arts Stamp Set
Metallic Cardstock
Japanese Papers
Copic Markers
atyou Spica Markers
Crystal Effects
Hand Made Hat Pin
**
Peta

3 comments:

Riet said...

Wowww Peta,what beautiful,l love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Iris Wiechmann said...

WOW, WOW, WOW Peta this is stunning!
What an absolutely beautiful card! The imges are adoralble but what you did with them is soooo pretty. I like the glaze on the Hair and the fans and the little headpins in her hair!!! The Japanese paper you used for their dresses is divine!

Hugs,
Iris

Alexandra Lundgren said...

love, love, LOVE it!!!! I think these are just the best and YOU really make them even better!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin