Friday, March 6, 2009

70 Years of Wedded Bliss

**
**
When my auntie asked my to make an anniversary
card for her dear friends, of course I said yes.
When she told me it was for their
70th Wedding Anniversary I was speechless.
I can't even begin to image 70 years old,
let alone being married for 70 years.
How different their lives have been to young married
couples starting out today.
**
**
I've tried to capture how I imagine their romance would
have been, the antique script of the many love letters
they would have written each other, the weekly bunches
of roses - just to say I Love You and the hat pin from the
Sunday Best as they dressed for church,
**
**
Ingredients:
SU - Stipple Rose, French Script, Cherish word
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Cream & Brown Cardstock
atyou
Spica Markers
Scallop & Circle Punches
Martha Stewart Branch Punch
Ribbon
Hand Made Hat Pin
**

**

7 comments:

Vera said...

Wow, 70 years of marriage! Your card is absolutely perfect for this special occasion! Thanks for sharing.

moi said...

WOW! WOW!
First for the card. It's astonish. Just perfect for such special occasion.
And second congratulation Arthur & Grace. They are one in a million.

Hugs, moi

stampingtink said...

Just stunning! I think you captured the essense of love beautifully! I love the hatpin, you did such a great job on it, and the coloring is just stunning. I'll be they'll just cherish this.

Hugs to you,

Susan

Riet said...

woww Peta,you made fabolous cards,l love them all.

hugs Riet.x

Tammi said...

That is amazing, how fantastic they've been together that long, very rare! Your card is beautiful, love the pin with it.

Iris Wiechmann said...

WOW WOW WOW! Peta this card is a stunner! I'd say it's the perfect card for such and amzing occasion!!
I LOVE this card and yopur hat pin is such a fab detail to the card!

Hugs,
Iris

Jodi said...

Very pretty card Peta!! Love your hat pin too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin