Wednesday, April 1, 2009

ROP Challenge - Decorated Candle

**
I've wanted to decorate a candle for so
long, but have always been apprehensive, thinking
it would be too difficult - boy was I wrong.
**
**
At Roses On Paper this week there is actually two
challenges to choose from.
Hosted by my very talented friend, Iris
you are being given the choice of decorating
a candle or using the inspirational picture to make a card.
A Hint - do the candle - it is SOOOOOO much fun.
With the help of a great tutorial from Iris I picked this
technique up in no time.
I was meant to decorate one candle for the DT team,
but I ended up making 5!!!!!
For your chance to join in the fun, learn a new technique
and maybe pick up an awesome prize donated by Summer,
head over to our Challenge Blog.
**
**
Once I got started I was instantly hooked.
I'm now thinking ahead for all the beautiful presents
I can make with a matching card,
who wouldn't be happy to receive that.
**
**
For the Tilda candle I used my H20's
to decorate the stamped image.
I was concerned that they might lose some of
their shimmer once the was paper went over the top -
but surprisingly the images are still shimmery.
**

**
Prima Belle Fleur flowers, which are available
in various colours from Summer were used to
decorate the candle, with matching ribbon and
brads to finish off.
**

**
My church candle, using and image from Alota Rubber Stamps ,
which is available from Summer turned out to be my
favourite candle.
I stamped my image with Memento Tuxedo Black and
highlighted it with gold glitter.
**
**
I was able to incorporate my new love at the moment,
a handmade decorated hatpin, as additional decoration
along with matching black satin and gold ribbon.
**
**
Ingredients:
Magnolia Stamps
Alota Rubber Stamps
White Pillar Candles
Tissue Paper
Wax Paper
H20's
Prima Belle Fleur Flowers
Ribbon
Brads
Glitter
Martha Stewart Punch
Hand Made Hat Pin
**

**

9 comments:

Riet said...

wowww Petra,what a beautiful creations,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Rosette said...

These are just STUNNING Peta, I love them aLL, especially the church one. It's lovely, shimmery and silver like. How did you make it like that? Or maybe you said in your post.. and I'm sleepy! lol.xxx

Anki said...

Wonderful candles Peta! Love them! Kramis - Anki

Saskia said...

Petra,

You are so creative!!! I love your work!! The candles are gorgeous!!!!

Greetings,
Saskia

moi said...

Beautiful candles, Peta.

Thank you for you comment.
I saw tutorial for roses in Maria's blog.

hugs, moi

moi said...

I put a link on my Blog, but obviously it can not be seen well.
(blush ) ;)

moi

Jodi said...

You have done such a great job with your candles!! Love them both!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Iris Wiechmann said...

Your candles are STUNNING Peta! You did a fabulous job on decorating your candles! I like that they are all different!
Finally I got the time to do some blog hopping :-)

Happy Easter to you my friend!

Hugs,
Iris

Michele Spera said...

Hi Peta
I just found your blog:-) I just joined your followers list:-)
I love what you did with the candles, it looks like fun! aren't the H2o's fun to work with?? I love them, I've had them for a few years and did you know the company that made them is closing:-( I have enough to last and maybe some other company with make them.


Michele spera

Blog Widget by LinkWithin